Rosacea Treatment Ottawa
Eliminate Facial Redness and Flushing
Rosacea, sometimes referred to as acne rosacea, is a chronic skin condition characterized by redness and flushing in the face. It’s a frustrating condition, affecting almost 5% of the world’s population.
Rosacea typically manifests as flushing and redness in the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. It affects both men and women, with women more frequently suffering from this condition. In addition, it’s more common in people with fair skin. Thankfully, rosacea treatment options can mitigate and even eliminate this all-too-common condition!
Signs, Symptoms, and Causes
In addition to facial flushing and redness, rosacea symptoms typically include:
- Burning, itching, or stinging feelings in the face
- Dilated blood vessels (telangiectasia) on the surface of the skin
- Inflamed lesions with a yellow or white centre
- Eye and eyelid redness, accompanied by watery or dry eyes and a burning or gritty feeling
- In severe cases, excess tissue developed on the nose, giving it a bulbous and irregular appearance
There is no single trigger or cause for rosacea, though it is usually brought on by a combination of environmental and genetic factors. Exposure to the sun, extreme hot or cold weather, heavy winds, emotional stresses, and hormonal changes may all contribute. In fact, alcohol consumption, spicy foods, and even a hot cup of coffee could play a role.
But don’t worry… rosacea treatment is easy, safe, and can be tailored to suit your needs.
Common Treatments for Rosacea
While there is no definite cure for this chronic skin condition, there are a variety of treatment options to make the condition manageable, comfortable, and help encourage remission.
Common treatment options include:
- Prescription antibiotics and topical creams, such as Metrogel, Noritate, Rosasol, and Onreltea.
- Appropriate skin care regimens, using SkinMedica® Medical Skin Care products
- Laser and Intense Pulse Light (IPL) Photorejuvenation are highly effective at reducing visible redness and unsightly blood vessels, and helps provide a more even complexion
- Ongoing maintenance programs to manage and maintain healthy skin and reduce the likelihood of rosacea relapses and outbreaks