At my clinic, we offer various facials to help patients achieve the radiant, youthful look that’s perfect for summer. While some turn to laser skin resurfacing for Ottawa skin rejuvenation treatments, sometimes all one needs is a facial for a refreshed appearance.
Below are some ways that you can incorporate facials into your skin care regimen and enhance your facial treatments long after they are performed:
1. Choosing the best facial option for your exact skin needs. Particularly in the summer, my patients find that choosing a facial that hydrates the skin or that incorporates a microdermabrasion treatment gives them the added “glow” they desire. When you visit my practice, we will guide you in choosing which treatment is best given your specific concerns.
2. To enhance the results of your facial after treatment, opt for lighter, SPF-formula makeup and sun protection products. Heavier makeup products or sunblocks tend to clog the skin’s pores, and, especially after having a facial performed, the last thing you want to do is cover the skin with heavy makeup or sunscreen. If you must wear makeup after your facial, try choosing a light base one. For sun protection, consider the Colorscience Sunforgettable SPF 50 Brushes. Light on the skin, completely oil free, this simple self-dispensing mineral powder brush makes it easy to apply and reapply instant protection throughout the day. These also come in 4 different tints to best match your skin color. We will gladly help you test and select the best one.
3. Try not to touch your face after your facial. Because the hands have a layer of oil, bacteria, and dirt that can clog pores and cause breakouts, it is best to not touch your face after a facial treatment. If you need to touch your face at certain points in the day, it is advised to thoroughly wash your hands before.
4. Stick to a regular skin regimen at home. In order to maintain that youthful, radiant glow from a facial, your skin requires daily attention. Creating a routine that is easy to remember and follow will help maintain your beautiful results. Confused about where to start? Your skin care regime does not have to be complicated. Talk to us and we will guide you in selecting the best program for your age and specific skin type.
5. Do not neglect your skin in between your facials. Some clients admit to using their body soap to wash their face. Your facial skin is delicate and needs a gentle facial cleanser that will not irritate it or strip it of all of its natural oils, and the same goes for scrubs. Never use a body scrub on your face. The beads in body scrubs are too big and too harsh for your face. Others admit to going to bed without removing their make-up! This practice promotes black heads, acne, dilated pores and premature aging of the skin. The same applies for those who exercise at lunch or other times and do not wash their face after. Carry easy-to-use facial cleanser wipes in your gym bag. If you don’t have time to shower immediately after your training, run, walk, or yoga class, at the very least you can remove the salt and sweat from your face and neck upon finishing.
All this little attention will add up to keeping your skin glowing.