CoolSculpting™ in Ottawa
Safe and Effective Body Contouring Treatments
We are very happy at our Ottawa Cosmetic Clinic to offer clients the latest in Body Contouring with CoolSculpting™!
TosoniMD is one of the first Officially Certified CoolSculpting™ Practices in Ottawa. All CoolSculpting™ technicians at our clinic have successfully completed a rigorous training and evaluation process. Dr. Tosoni and her CoolSculpting™ technicians have attended the Coolsculpting™ University exclusive training sessions, where they learned the most advanced and up-to-date techniques. This ensures that when you come to us, you are in safe hands and you will achieve the best CoolSculpting™ Body Contouring treatment outcome possible.
Frustrated with stubborn fat that just won’t go, even with a proper diet and an active lifestyle? CoolSculpting™ could be the answer.
What is CoolSculpting™?
CoolSculpting™ is an innovative Body Contouring treatment that enables us to sculpt the treatment area by delivering controlled cooling at the surface of the skin and breaking down resistant subcutaneous fat cells that lie just beneath the surface layers.
It is safe and effective. It is non-invasive, involves no cuts, no surgery, and no downtime.
CoolSculpting™ is not a treatment for obesity or cellulite, nor is it a weight loss treatment.
Who is the ideal candidate for Coolsculpting?
The ideal candidate is a man or woman who already eats well, exercises and makes healthy choices but despite their best efforts, can not get rid of excess fat in certain areas. They are typically within 1-20 lbs of their ideal weight.
Treatments can successfully target:
- Double chins, including submental fat deposits
- The arms, particularly axillary bulges (underarm folds)
- Pectorals or breasts for men (to treat gynecomastia)
- Stubborn bra fat
- Fat around the abdomen
- Flank or love handles
- Lower back fat deposits around the waistline
- Interior and exterior thighs as well as the knees
The number of sessions required before you see results varies from patient to patient. During your initial consultation, your needs, objectives, and treatment plan will be discussed to ensure you know what to expect before you start try CoolSculpting™.
How does CoolSculpting™ work?
CoolSculpting™ selectively destroys fat cells by exposing them to controlled cooling and crystalizing them. This technique is known as “Cryolipolysis,” which literally means “fat freezing.”
Because fat cells are much more susceptible to cold than other structures in our body, Cryolipolysis targets these cells without damaging other tissues and structures. Once crystallized and broken down, the fat cells die and the body naturally discards them through the lymphatic system.
What can I expect from a treatment?
Based on your needs, medical history, and body type, our CoolSculpting™ specialist will recommend a treatment plan that you can start immediately.
- Before your treatment, make sure you have a good meal, wear comfortable clothing, and pack a book or iPad if you wish. We take pre-treatment pictures to provide a before-and-after look at how you’ve transformed for our own records.
- We will then mark the treatment areas to determine exactly where the CoolSculpting™ applicators will go. A cold gel pad will be placed on your skin and then the vacuum applicator will be applied shortly after.
- Your tissues will be drawn into the applicator cup and you will feel some suction. This can be surprising and create minor discomfort but this feeling does not last more than a few brief minutes.
- Once the vacuum is well established, the cooling is started and you can start to relax. Each applicator stays on between 35 min to 90 min. You can spend your time as you wish during this period, whether that’s reading, sleeping, or working on your iPad. Our CoolSculpting™ treatment room is comfortable and equipped with a TV screen, Netflix, and WiFi for your convenience.
After the applicators are removed, the targeted areas are vigorously massaged. Studies have shown that this increases fat reduction by as much as 68% following a CoolSculpting™ treatment. In some cases, CoolSculpting™ results in minor bruising, swelling, cramping, and tenderness for a few days. These side effects are normal and temporary.
How long before I see results?
Results usually begins to show 3 to 4 weeks following a successful treatment with maximum results showing at 8 to 12 weeks.
While CoolSculpting™ offers permanent fat elimination, that doesn’t mean it is a weight loss treatment or that it will keep the weight off. The average patient can expect to see around a 20 to 24% reduction of fat.