Nonsurgical Reshaping of the Lower Face with Botox® in Ottawa
Most patients know of the applications of Botox Cosmetic® for in
the upper third of the face: the softening of fine lines and treatment of
dynamic wrinkles for the frown lines, the crow's feet and the forehead lines.
Fewer patients are aware that Botox Cosmetic® can also be used in the lower
third of the face for facial contouring.
These indications are more recent and should only be done by highly trained physicians such
as Dr. Caroline Tosoni who has had specific training in these advanced injections techniques.
The areas in which Botox Cosmetic® can be injected in the lower face are typically:
- In the borders of the upper lip and lower lip to reduce the appearance of the fine lines
(also known as smokers lines or bar code lines) often causing the lipstick to bleed.
- In the side muscles (known as DAO) that pulls the mouth downward creating a sad look.
By injecting very small dose of Botox Cosmetic in these muscles, the corners of the mouth take an
upward turn making patients look happier and more positive.
- In the chin to reduce the appearance of orange skin that can occur with aging and
stronger chin muscles
- In the muscles known as the platysma muscles which run on both sides of your neck.
They are the ones you can see well if you try to pull you chin forward and downward. As we
age, the platysma muscles become stronger and over time pull down on the cheeks and jowls.
This results in a loss of the sharpness of the lower jaw contouring as well as an
accentuated downward turn of the corners of the mouth. We can correct this and create a
mini-lifting effect with proper injection technique and placement (Nefertiti Lift).
- In the masseter muscles to aesthetically reduce the bulk of these muscles. Strong jawline is great in man as it makes the face more angular, wider and squarer but this is not as much liked in women. Most women desire a slimmer and more feminine face. By injecting a small dose of Botox Cosmetic directly in the masseter muscles, we can transform a squared shaped face into a more oval shaped fece which is typically considered to be the most pleasing face shape in women.
- In addition to the aesthetic benefits of reshaping the lower face, injection of Botox Cosmetic in the masseter muscles, will by default, accentuates cheek prominence creating an even more youthful look.
- Another benefit of injections in the masseter muscles is that it provides clinical relief of bruxism or excessive clenching of the jaw during sleep which often results in morning headaches and teeth enamel damage.
All of the above are added treatments that Dr. Tosoni can offer you in her Ottawa Cosmetic Clinic because of her in depth understanding of the facial muscular anatomy and dynamic nature of each facial muscle. These procedures are associated with high level of patient satisfaction and carry minimal side effects when they are performed by an experienced physician injector.
If you feel you may be a candidate for one or several of the above treatments to non surgically reshape your lower face and/or jawline and would like more information of book an appointment with Dr. Caroline Tosoni, please contact us at 613.-244-5151. We look forward to hearing from you.
[ Back to top ]